- This event has passed.
Nick Meyers, & Kevin Thompson, Conservative Candidates for Corp Commission
October 13 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm MSTFREE/Contributions Welcomed
Nick has spent the last five years interacting with the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC or Commission); first 4 years spent working to remedy decades of water issues for my community. His experience places Nick in a unique position to fight for the customers of the utilities.
Nick is a husband and a father and married to his lovely wife, Katerina, for over 18 years. They have three daughters and have run a family business together for almost a decade.
Nick’s accomplishments include:
- Restoring water service to a local community
- Helping a customer who was discriminated against by a utility with her formal complaint,
- Initiating a groundbreaking effort within the state of Arizona -culminated in getting an interim manager installed into a Class A utility that had been abusing customers and ratepayer money for over 20 years;
- Currently a Policy Advisor to Commissioner Justin Olson.
- Currently working with commission staff to revamp the Commission website to make it more user friendly;show voting records of Commissioners.
- Advocated for legislative bills HB2248 and HB2737, limiting power of the Commission
- Research issues and guide policy at the commission to limit the amount and number of subsidies and mandates issued by the Commission.
- Contributing to possible modifications to the Commission code of ethics preventing clean elections from being weaponized.
Kevin is an Air Force Veteran and small business owner with specialized knowledge in the energy sector, business development and government relations.
Married for 33 years. Quite an accomplishment.
Served in Desert Shield/Storm
Endorsed by Az Pinal County Supevisor Jeff Serdy; Rep Ben Toma, LD 22; Rep Travis Grantham, LD 12; LD 12 Rep. Jake Hoffman; Sen Warren Peterson, LD 12, LD 16 Rep Jacqueline Parker, former Az Corp Comm Attorney; and Jeff Brown, Councilmember Queen Creek.